For more than ten years now, the Argentine Smalltalk Foundation (FAST) has organized Smalltalks 2017, a conference totally free of charge.
Our main focus is to strengthen the Argentine and international Smalltalk communities through the exchange of works, experiences and anecdotes connected with this technology or related matters.
Renowned members of the international Smalltalk community visit us each year. The conference usually includes a Session of technical papers related to “Industry and Development" and “Research and Training".
The purpose of these sessions is to:
• promote the use of the Smalltalk programming language in industry, education and scientific research.
• cooperate with the community of users, developers, teachers and researchers of this language.
• create an adequate setting for meetings, discussion forums, and educational, research, and development projects related to Smalltalk and other dynamic programming languages.
• integrate national and international communities related to dynamic programming languages in general and to Smalltalk in particular.
• produce publications containing educational resources or scientific research related to Smalltalk.
This year, Smalltalks 2017 will be held at Facultad de Informática, Universidad Nacional de La Plata from November 8th to 10th, 2017.