Since more than ten years, the Argentine Smalltalk Foundation (FAST) organizes Smalltalks conference.
Our main focus is to strengthen the Argentine and international Smalltalk communities through the exchange of works, experiences and anecdotes connected with this technology or related matters.
Renowned members of the international Smalltalk community visit us each year. The edition of the conference usually has a Session of technical papers related to “Industry and Development" and “Research and Training".
With these sessions, our goals are:
• The promotion of the use of the “Smalltalk" programming language in industry, education and scientific research.
• The collaboration with the community composed of users, developers, educators and researchers.
• The creation of an adequate framework to organize meetings, forums and educational and research and development projects related to Smalltalk and other “dynamic" programming languages.
• Integration of national and international communities related to dynamic programming languages in general and Smalltalk in particular.
• The generation of publications that include educational material or scientific research related to “Smalltalk".
This year Smalltalks 2017 will be held in Facultad de Informática, Universidad Nacional de La Plata from November 8th to 10th, 2017.